This is the developer documentation for the code that powers foodsharing.de, foodsharing.at, and foodsharingschweiz.ch.
- main site foodsharing.de
- beta site beta.foodsharing.de
- gitlab organisation gitlab.com/foodsharing-dev
- main repo gitlab.com/foodsharing-dev/foodsharing
- issue tracker gitlab.com/foodsharing-dev/foodsharing/issues
- developer chat slackin.yunity.org (channel: #foodsharing-dev)
The developer documentation (devdocs) contains general information about the foodsharing website project, step-by-step instructions, and references.
Target groups of the devdocs
The devdocs should offer everything newcomers need to start participating in the foodsharing website project.
The devdocs should also be of help to anyone that got stuck while working on the foodsharing website project and is in need of help.
Contributing to the devdocs
Anyone can contribute to the devdocs. The git project directory is called
The devdocs are based on the following principles:
- Information should be correct and current
- Information should be consistent (language, formatting,...)
- Information should be concise (but some repetition is necessary)
- Information should be complete (probably an infeasible ideal)
But don't worry too much about the last three principles.
What in, what out?
How do I decide if a specific information should be in the devdocs? Here are some principles:
Is the information specific to foodsharing?
Were you surprised about it?
Is the information general enough to be explained in a foodsharing-independent tutorial or documentation?
No, include a link
Is the information specificly about one piece of code and only interesting during reading this code (and not for finding this piece of code)?
No, explain the code with comments in the code.